Meet Dr. Russell Ficara
- Florida State University, Bachelors degree in biology and chemistry.
- Palmer College of Chiropractic, Davenport, Iowa, Doctor of Chiropractic degree with honors, 1988.
- Acupuncture studies at the International Academy of Medical Acupuncture.
- Trained by Chiropractic Hand & Foot Clinics of America™ in treating hand and foot conditions with gentle adjustments.
- Extensive post-graduate studies in nutrition & nutritional purification.
- Post-grad studies in Whiplash & Brain Trauma from the Spine Research Institute of San Diego to better help patients in automobile accidents.
- Veteran with service in the U.S. Air Force.
- Former science teacher and track coach.
Curriculum Vitae, Russell Ficara, D.C.
- Palmer College of Chiropractic, 1985-88, Doctor of Chiropractic (magna cum laude)
- Florida State University, 1976-79, Bachelor of Science (Biology) (magna cum laude)
- Broward College, 1974-76, Associate of Arts (Biology)
Certifications & Post-Grduate Studies:
- 2006 Certified in the Rating of the Physical Impairment for Disability Evaluation
- 2006 Whiplash and Brain Injury Traumatology Graduate, Spine Research Institute of San Diego
- 2000 Board Eligible Certified Acupuncturist, International Academy of Medical Acupuncture
- 1995 Certified Addictionologist (C.Ad.), American College of Addictionology & Compulsive Disorders
- 1995 Certified Worker’s Compensation Provider for Florida
- 1991 Certified in performing Manipulation Under Anesthesia, Texas College of Chiropractic
- Other Post Graduate Programs Attended includes:
- Fenell Hand & Foot Adjusting
- Motion Palpation of the Spine
- Erhardt & Logan College Radiology Series
- Parker College Clinical Nutrition
- Auriculotherapy Seminars
- NeuroEmotional and Emotional Freedom Techniques
- Torque Release Technique
- Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder Seminars
- Victims of Trauma
- Broward County Chiropractic Society
- Developed & Presented Ergonomic and Safety Programs for: Home Depot, Bobby Rubino's Restaurant, TRW/Experian Corp., Jones Intercable Co., Don’s Pest Control... and others.
- Lectured on various topics such as: Role of Nutrition in Brain Development for the National Cri-Du-Chat Foundation; Alternative and Natural Treatment for the Addictive Brain; The Biochemistry of Emotions, Health and Wellness; etc.
- 2005 – 2013 Owner of Martinez Health, Inc. in Homestead, Fl. Provided chiropractic care.
- 1999 – 2005 Treating Chiropractor at Martinez Health Inc. in Homestead, Fl.
- 1991 - 1992 Provided chiropractic vacation relief for chiropractors going out of town. Also provided chiropractic care to residents at various Adult Congregate Living Facilities.
- 1989 - 1991 Associate Chiropractor at County Line Chiropractic Center, North Miami, Fla.
- 1979 - 1985 Science teacher, track and swimming coach at Pines Middle School, Pembroke Pines, Fla.
- 1972 - 1974 United States Air Force. Job Title: missile electronics technician
Enjoys writing, reading, traveling, nature, hiking, meditation and learning.