Meet Dr. Linda Gettinger, Psychiatric Mental Health Nurse Practitioner
Specializing in the Treatment of:
- Bipolar Disorder
- Drug/Alcohol Recovery
- Eating Disorders
- Medication Management
- Panic Disorder
- Post Traumatic Stress Disorder
Dr. Linda Gettinger, D.H.Sc., A.R.N.P., M.S.N., M.S., B.S.N., B.A.
Nova Southeastern University, Ft. Lauderdale, Florida , Doctor of Health Science, (D.H.Sc.), 2006
Florida International University, N. Miami, Florida Master of Science Degree in Nursing / Psychiatric A.R.N.P., 1999
Nova Southeastern University, Fort Lauderdale, Florida, Master of Science Degree in Human Resource Management. 1989
Downstate Medical Center, State University of New York, School of Nursing, Brooklyn, New York, Bachelor of Science Degree in Nursing, 1983, Alumni Award/ President of the Student Nurses Association.
Queens College, City University of New York, Flushing, New York, Bachelor of Arts Degree in Sociology, 1978
- Psychiatric Mental Health Nurse Practitioner
- Associate Nursing Professor
- Profound Clinical Expertise and Knowledge
- Excellent Case Management Skills
- Experienced in Curriculum Development
- Continuing Education Provider for Nurses in the State of Florida
- Published Author
- Motivational Public Speaker
- 1999-Present: Community Health & Wellness Center, Plantation, Florida, Specialize in Eating Disorders; Children, Family and Adult Therapy
- 2011-2015: Chamberlain College of Nursing/ DeVry, Inc., Miramar, Florida, ASSOCIATE PROFESSOR, Fulltime Nursing Professor for BSN (pre-licensure) RN program. Chair, Undergraduate Curriculum Committee (National Position); Course Coordinator and Professor for the Mental Health Nursing Course Manuscript Reviewer for the Journal of Holistic Nursing
- 2010: Kaplan University,Ft. Lauderdale, Florida, ONLINE NURSING PROFESSOR. Taught in RN/BSN and MSN programs
- 2010: Profero Solutions,Weston, Florida, EMR CONSULTANT, Assisted with the “Go Live” Implementation of Electronic Medical Records; EPIC OpTime: PACU, ENDO, INTRAOP – Assisted clinical personnel with software application.
- 2010: MedVance Institute/Education Affiliates, Inc., West Palm Beach, Florida, PROGRAM DIRECTOR, NURSING,Administrator of Nursing program; curriculum oversight; faculty hiring and development; classroom teaching; clinical coordinator – Facilitated the acquisition of clinical sites/contracts for the nursing program.
- 2006-2010: School Board of Broward County, Ft. Lauderdale, Florida, HEALTH SCIENCE EDUCATION CURRICULUM SPECIALIST/ADMINISTRATOR, Administrator of Health Science Education Programs in Broward County Public Schools; Developed/implemented programs; Staff development; Curriculum Design/Enhancement that include, but not limited to Nursing, Medical Assisting, Pharmacy, Patient Care Technician. Administrator for more than 20 health science programs at the secondary and post-secondary levels of education for which I provided curriculum guidance for. Developed & Implemented the EMT, First Responder, and Nursing Assistant Programs. Administrator of clinical contract agreements; participated in grant writing for EMT and Nursing programs. Facilitated the acquisition of clinical sites/contracts for various health science programs, including the nursing program.
- 2004-2010: Nova Southeastern University, Ft. Lauderdale, Florida, UNIVERSITY PROFESSOR, Fulltime/Adjunct Nursing Professor for undergraduate nursing program, Participated in program/curriculum development, taught nursing courses, Nurse as a Scholar, Developed Mental Health Nursing Course and Established Clinical Sites for Rotation, Med-Surg., Fundamentals. and Healthcare Management, Manuscript Reviewer for the Journal of Allied Health Sciences and Practices.
- 2000-2006: University of Phoenix, Plantation, Florida, UNIVERSITY PROFESSOR, Adjunct Nursing Professor for undergraduate/graduate nursing programs; online & on-ground instructor; taught Intro. to Professional Nursing, Community Nursing, Healthcare Management, Research, Mental Health Nursing, and Family Nursing.
Certifications & Awards:
- 2014 Instructor - Nonviolent Crisis Intervention
- 2012 Recipient of Legacy of Service Award – DeVry, Inc.
- 2010 Broward County Teaching Certification
- 2009 Network Leader for American Holistic Nurses Association
- 2007 Columnist for The Happy Herald
- 2006 Reiki Master
- 1999 Florida Licensed Advanced Registered Nurse Practitioner
- 1993 Certified Case Manager
- 1990 Florida Board of Nursing Continuing Education Provider
- 1984 Florida Licensed Professional Registered Nurse
- 1983 Alumni Award Recipient - Downstate Medical Center – School of Nursing
- Gettinger, L. & Luck, S., (2007). Reiki promotes healing: Helps restore well-being. Nursing Spectrum, 10, 2.
- Gettinger, L. (2007). Suicide risk assessment: What providers need to know. Nursing Spectrum, 7, 5.
- Gettinger, L. & Luck, S., (2007). From burnout to healing: Self care for nurses. Nursing Spectrum, 5, 3.
- Gettinger, L. (2006). Childhood obesity: Prevention is cure. Nursing Spectrum, 2, 4.
- 2014 American Nurses Association – Florida Nurses Association
- 2009 American Holistic Nurses Association
- 2006 Sigma Theta Tau International Honor Society of Nursing
- 2000 South Florida Council of Advanced Practice Nurses
- 2000 Broward County Psychiatric Nurse Practitioners
- 1998 Case Management Society of America