Meet Dr. Linda Gettinger
Psychiatric Mental Health Nurse Practitioner
Dr. Linda Gettinger, D.H.Sc., A.R.N.P., M.S.N., M.S., B.S.N., B.A.
Specializing in the Treatment of:
- Bipolar Disorder
- Drug/Alcohol Recovery
- Eating Disorders
- Medication Management
- Panic Disorder
- Post Traumatic Stress Disorder
- Nova Southeastern University, Ft. Lauderdale, Florida , Doctor of Health Science, (D.H.Sc.), 2006
- Florida International University, N. Miami, Florida Master of Science Degree in Nursing / Psychiatric A.R.N.P., 1999
- Nova Southeastern University, Fort Lauderdale, Florida, Master of Science Degree in Human Resource Management. 1989
- Downstate Medical Center, State University of New York, School of Nursing, Brooklyn, New York, Bachelor of Science Degree in Nursing, 1983, Alumni Award/ President of the Student Nurses Association.
- Queens College, City University of New York, Flushing, New York, Bachelor of Arts Degree in Sociology, 1978
- Psychiatric Mental Health Nurse Practitioner
- Associate Nursing Professor
- Profound Clinical Expertise and Knowledge
- Excellent Case Management Skills
- Experienced in Curriculum Development
- Continuing Education Provider for Nurses in the State of Florida
- Published Author
- Motivational Public Speaker
- 1999-Present: Community Health & Wellness Center, Plantation, Florida, Specialize in Eating Disorders; Children, Family and Adult Therapy
- 2011-2015: Chamberlain College of Nursing/ DeVry, Inc., Miramar, Florida, ASSOCIATE PROFESSOR, Fulltime Nursing Professor for BSN (pre-licensure) RN program. Chair, Undergraduate Curriculum Committee (National Position); Course Coordinator and Professor for the Mental Health Nursing Course Manuscript Reviewer for the Journal of Holistic Nursing
- 2010: Kaplan University,Ft. Lauderdale, Florida, ONLINE NURSING PROFESSOR. Taught in RN/BSN and MSN programs
- 2010: Profero Solutions,Weston, Florida, EMR CONSULTANT, Assisted with the “Go Live” Implementation of Electronic Medical Records; EPIC OpTime: PACU, ENDO, INTRAOP – Assisted clinical personnel with software application.
- 2010: MedVance Institute/Education Affiliates, Inc., West Palm Beach, Florida, PROGRAM DIRECTOR, NURSING,Administrator of Nursing program; curriculum oversight; faculty hiring and development; classroom teaching; clinical coordinator – Facilitated the acquisition of clinical sites/contracts for the nursing program.
- 2006-2010: School Board of Broward County, Ft. Lauderdale, Florida, HEALTH SCIENCE EDUCATION CURRICULUM SPECIALIST/ADMINISTRATOR, Administrator of Health Science Education Programs in Broward County Public Schools; Developed/implemented programs; Staff development; Curriculum Design/Enhancement that include, but not limited to Nursing, Medical Assisting, Pharmacy, Patient Care Technician. Administrator for more than 20 health science programs at the secondary and post-secondary levels of education for which I provided curriculum guidance for. Developed & Implemented the EMT, First Responder, and Nursing Assistant Programs. Administrator of clinical contract agreements; participated in grant writing for EMT and Nursing programs. Facilitated the acquisition of clinical sites/contracts for various health science programs, including the nursing program.
- 2004-2010: Nova Southeastern University, Ft. Lauderdale, Florida, UNIVERSITY PROFESSOR, Fulltime/Adjunct Nursing Professor for undergraduate nursing program, Participated in program/curriculum development, taught nursing courses, Nurse as a Scholar, Developed Mental Health Nursing Course and Established Clinical Sites for Rotation, Med-Surg., Fundamentals. and Healthcare Management, Manuscript Reviewer for the Journal of Allied Health Sciences and Practices.
- 2000-2006: University of Phoenix, Plantation, Florida, UNIVERSITY PROFESSOR, Adjunct Nursing Professor for undergraduate/graduate nursing programs; online & on-ground instructor; taught Intro. to Professional Nursing, Community Nursing, Healthcare Management, Research, Mental Health Nursing, and Family Nursing.
Certifications & Awards:
- 2014 Instructor - Nonviolent Crisis Intervention
- 2012 Recipient of Legacy of Service Award – DeVry, Inc.
- 2010 Broward County Teaching Certification
- 2009 Network Leader for American Holistic Nurses Association
- 2007 Columnist for The Happy Herald
- 2006 Reiki Master
- 1999 Florida Licensed Advanced Registered Nurse Practitioner
- 1993 Certified Case Manager
- 1990 Florida Board of Nursing Continuing Education Provider
- 1984 Florida Licensed Professional Registered Nurse
- 1983 Alumni Award Recipient - Downstate Medical Center – School of Nursing
- Gettinger, L. & Luck, S., (2007). Reiki promotes healing: Helps restore well-being. Nursing Spectrum, 10, 2.
- Gettinger, L. (2007). Suicide risk assessment: What providers need to know. Nursing Spectrum, 7, 5.
- Gettinger, L. & Luck, S., (2007). From burnout to healing: Self care for nurses. Nursing Spectrum, 5, 3.
- Gettinger, L. (2006). Childhood obesity: Prevention is cure. Nursing Spectrum, 2, 4.
- 2014 American Nurses Association – Florida Nurses Association
- 2009 American Holistic Nurses Association
- 2006 Sigma Theta Tau International Honor Society of Nursing
- 2000 South Florida Council of Advanced Practice Nurses
- 2000 Broward County Psychiatric Nurse Practitioners
- 1998 Case Management Society of America