Meet Dr. Russell Ficara
Florida State University, Bachelors degree in biology and chemistry.
Palmer College of Chiropractic, Davenport, Iowa, Doctor of Chiropractic degree with honors, 1988.
Acupuncture studies at the International Academy of Medical Acupuncture.
Trained by Chiropractic Hand & Foot Clinics of America™ in treating hand and foot conditions with gentle adjustments.
Extensive post-graduate studies in nutrition & nutritional purification.
Post-grad studies in Whiplash & Brain Trauma from the Spine Research Institute of San Diego to better help patients in automobile accidents.
Veteran with service in the U.S. Air Force.
Former science teacher and track coach
Curriculum Vitae, Russell Ficara, D.C.
- Palmer College of Chiropractic, 1985-88, Doctor of Chiropractic (magna cum laude)
- Florida State University, 1976-79, Bachelor of Science (Biology) (magna cum laude)
- Broward College, 1974-76, Associate of Arts (Biology)
Certifications & Post-Grduate Studies:
- 2006 Certified in the Rating of the Physical Impairment for Disability Evaluation
- 2006 Whiplash and Brain Injury Traumatology Graduate, Spine Research Institute of San Diego
- 2000 Board Eligible Certified Acupuncturist, International Academy of Medical Acupuncture
- 1995 Certified Addictionologist (C.Ad.), American College of Addictionology & Compulsive Disorders
- 1995 Certified Worker’s Compensation Provider for Florida
- 1991 Certified in performing Manipulation Under Anesthesia, Texas College of Chiropractic
- Other Post Graduate Programs Attended includes:
- Fenell Hand & Foot Adjusting
- Motion Palpation of the Spine
- Erhardt & Logan College Radiology Series
- Parker College Clinical Nutrition
- Auriculotherapy Seminars
- NeuroEmotional and Emotional Freedom Techniques
- Torque Release Technique
- Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder Seminars
- Victims of Trauma
- Broward County Chiropractic Society
- Developed & Presented Ergonomic and Safety Programs for: Home Depot, Bobby Rubino's Restaurant, TRW/Experian Corp., Jones Intercable Co., Don’s Pest Control... and others.
- Lectured on various topics such as: Role of Nutrition in Brain Development for the National Cri-Du-Chat Foundation; Alternative and Natural Treatment for the Addictive Brain; The Biochemistry of Emotions, Health and Wellness; etc.
- 2005 – 2013 Owner of Martinez Health, Inc. in Homestead, Fl. Provided chiropractic care.
- 1999 – 2005 Treating Chiropractor at Martinez Health Inc. in Homestead, Fl.
- 1991 - 1992 Provided chiropractic vacation relief for chiropractors going out of town. Also provided chiropractic care to residents at various Adult Congregate Living Facilities.
- 1989 - 1991 Associate Chiropractor at County Line Chiropractic Center, North Miami, Fla.
- 1979 - 1985 Science teacher, track and swimming coach at Pines Middle School, Pembroke Pines, Fla.
- 1972 - 1974 United States Air Force. Job Title: missile electronics technician
Enjoys writing, reading, traveling, nature, hiking, meditation and learning.