Cold Low Level Laser
What is Cold Low Level Laser Therapy?
Light or photon energy with the unique property of being able to penetrate up to two inches below the skin surface causing an increase in cellular metabolism with no tissue damage whatsoever.
What is Cold Low Level Laser being used to treat?
Cold Low Level Laser is being used to treat a variety of painful and inflamed conditions of the soft tissues and joints such as:
- Carpal tunnel syndrome
- Chronic & Acute Traumatic Pain, i.e.: Whiplash and Sprained Back from Auto Accidents & Sports Activities
- Back & Neck & Shoulder Pain
- TMJ Syndrome
- Headaches & Migraines
- Tendonitis & Bursitis
- Plantar fascitis
- Diabetic Neuropathy
- Painful Trigger Points
- Scars & Keloids
- Muscle Strains
- Tennis/ Golfer Elbow
- Rotator Cuff Injuries
- Frozen Shoulder
- Arm & Leg Pain
- Wound Healing
How does Cold Low Level Laser work?
Simply stated, laser light energy converts into chemical energy which initiates a cascade of events at a cellular level:
- Improves blood and oxygen flow to affected/ injured areas which stimulates the healing process.
- Stimulates endorphin release which equates to pain relief.
- Strengthening the immune system response by increasing levels of lymphocyte activity.
- Reduces formation of scar tissue.
- Stimulated nerve function which may decrease numbness associated with certain conditions.
Will I feel anything?
No, the therapy is painless and totally non-invasive. The pure light of the lasers causes photochemical reactions in the cells. The effect is unlike High Power Lasers which are used in surgery to cut and coagulate tissues.
Is the Low Level Laser FDA approved?
Yes, the FDA has ruled that the therapy is safe. The only contraindication (warning) is for use directly in the eye. In addition, Cold Low Level Laser was approved in 2002 for the treatment & management of Carpal Tunnel Syndrome.