Why Therapeutic Massage and Chiropractic Go Hand-in-Hand
Sadly, many people still think of massage therapy as a luxury treatment reserved for people with disposable income.
The truth is, massage is a valuable tool for relieving built-up tension and pressure while increasing blood flow. It sounds simple, but for patients with strains or arthritis, the results can be life-changing.
Which Back Problems Can Massage Therapy Help?
Massage is extremely safe and especially effective when combined with chiropractic adjustments and other types of therapy.
Massage therapists at your chiropractic office are specially trained to understand how to help patients heal from common musculoskeletal issues. Plus, massage is often covered by insurance as part of a broader chiropractic treatment plan.
- Muscle strains in the back: Strains lead to both localized and widespread inflammation, muscle spasms, and pinched nerves. Massage helps improve your range of motion and boost blood flow to the injured area so your body can heal.
- Osteoarthritis or progressive joint degeneration: Massage helps relieve stress from muscle tension and improve circulation to damaged cartilage.
- Fibromyalgia: A specially trained massage therapist can help relieve tension and reduce tenderness in the right areas.
Comprehensive and All-Natural Pain Relief in Plantation, FL
Community Health and Wellness Center in Plantation, FL is pleased to offer massage as either a standalone treatment or part of a comprehensive chiropractic treatment plan.
Your doctor and massage therapist will listen to your medical history and symptoms before creating a personalized massage therapy plan. Our massage therapists may use a wide range of techniques depending on your symptoms such as
- Deep muscle and connective tissue massage
- Swedish massage
- Trigger point therapy
- Shiatsu or acupressure
- Reflexology (foot massage)
- Sports massage
Each massage technique has its own range of benefits.
Find out what it’s like to live a life free from back pain and stiffness. Schedule an appointment at Community Health and Wellness Center today by calling 954-370-7246.
Posted In: Massage